Writing A Powerful Dissertation Introduction Effortlessly
Your dissertation introduction is an extremely important part of your dissertation. The introduction is what most people will read to decide if they want to read the balance of the dissertation. Here are some ideas on how to write a powerful dissertation introduction effortlessly:
- Try to be direct and to the point with your introduction. Don’t ramble on and bore your audience. You should tell them exactly what you are writing about. Be very professional in your introduction so your reader knows you are serious about your topic.
- Your introduction should tell your readers why you wanted to do your thesis on this topic. You may want them to know that what they know about the topic may be wrong or missing important information that you are going to tell them about. You may touch on one or two exact examples of this so they know you are serious about what you are saying. Let the reader know you are going to fill in the gaps of knowledge that is missing about your topic.
- Explain what methods or practices you will be using to find the missing information and how you will get them the knowledge. Tell them why it is important that they know this information so they will look forward to reading about it.
- Your hypothesis or thesis statement should be told in your introduction as well. Show them how this will help them learn something they didn’t know about your topic. Most scholarly people want to learn information they have never heard so if you can present this to them they will definitely want to read your dissertation.
- Create your introduction early on in your writing of your dissertation but understand that you are going to be making changes to it throughout your writing. You will be constantly tweaking your introduction as you do more research and decide on more things to include in your thesis.
- Understand that your introduction is setting the scene for your entire dissertation and it should give some sort of framework for your writing.
- Make sure that your introduction tells the entire story of your dissertation. Everything in your dissertation has to somehow tie back into the introduction.
Writing the introduction should be something that you spend a large amount of time on. It should not be difficult because you should know the subject extensively. All you are trying to do is get your audience to read your dissertation so make sure you tell them what you are doing and why.